The closing date for registration for this year’s Cyber Centurion competition is 9th October 2023, so gather your team together now and get signed up!
There are two age categories: Y7-Y9 and Y10-Y13, and there are different streams within each category: boys, girls, mixed, cadets (armed forces cadets).
CyberCenturion tasks teams with working on a range of computer systems, including both Windows and Linux based systems, to fix cyber security issues. Supported by a range of resources and the internet, teams will have to complete numerous tasks including:
- Identifying and removing malicious software
- Enforcing secure password policies
- Carrying out system security audits
- Ensuring a system is properly up-to-date
- Enabling and enforcing firewall rules
Preliminary rounds and supporting resources will provide a more thorough understanding of the types of activities involved in the competition.